Alexander O’Neal, You Me at Six, The Sugarhill Gang and Circa Waves set to star at two-day music extravaganza at Portman Road in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town FC have announced a star-studded two day music extravaganza is coming to Portman Road this summer.
IP1 Live will see four world famous acts grace the stage on Friday, July 6, and Saturday, July 7.
The Friday will take you back to the 1980s with two massive acts from the era.
R&B and Soul singer Alexander O’Neal, whose 40 year career has seen him earn 14 UK top 40 hits, headlines the day with US hip-hop Grammy Hall of Famers The Sugarhill Gang and the Furious Five, best known for their smash hit Rappers Delight, in support.
The Saturday will see You Me at Six headline.
You may also want to watch:
The band achieved success with their debut album Take off Your Colours and have since released a further six albums.
Their appearance at IP1 Live is included as one of the dates on their UK tour.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
Supporting them will be Circa Waves.
Formed in 2013, they have appeared at a range of UK festivals including Latitude, Glastonbury and the Reading and Leeds festivals.
The two-day event will be held in the FanZone area of Portman Road, with a beer festival in the marquee.
A standing only event, tickets are now on sale at www.ip1live.com.
First release tickets are £25 for the Friday night, £30 for the Saturday and £50 for both.