Alexander O’Neal, You Me at Six, The Sugarhill Gang and Circa Waves set to star at two-day music extravaganza at Portman Road in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town FC have announced a star-studded two day music extravaganza is coming to Portman Road this summer.
IP1 Live will see four world famous acts grace the stage on Friday, July 6, and Saturday, July 7.
The Friday will take you back to the 1980s with two massive acts from the era.
R&B and Soul singer Alexander O’Neal, whose 40 year career has seen him earn 14 UK top 40 hits, headlines the day with US hip-hop Grammy Hall of Famers The Sugarhill Gang and the Furious Five, best known for their smash hit Rappers Delight, in support.
The Saturday will see You Me at Six headline.
The band achieved success with their debut album Take off Your Colours and have since released a further six albums.
Their appearance at IP1 Live is included as one of the dates on their UK tour.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 5 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
Supporting them will be Circa Waves.
Formed in 2013, they have appeared at a range of UK festivals including Latitude, Glastonbury and the Reading and Leeds festivals.
The two-day event will be held in the FanZone area of Portman Road, with a beer festival in the marquee.
A standing only event, tickets are now on sale at www.ip1live.com.
First release tickets are £25 for the Friday night, £30 for the Saturday and £50 for both.