Alford Brothers gearing up WK franchise
- Credit: supplied
Felixstowe dealer Alford Brothers is seeing growing interest in its latest franchise – WK motorcycles.
WK is the lastest Chinese brand, alongside Sym, Baotian and Kee-way, being sold by the motorcycle and cycle retailer in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe,
Dave Alford, a director of the family-run business which was established more than 50 years ago, said the quality of motorcycles made in China had improved considerably in recent years as the products were modified but they still offered value pricing.
The WK range includes 50cc scooters from £899, 125cc, 250cc and 300cc scooters from £1,199, 125cc road and trail motorcycles from £1,499, a 450cc RX Enduro from £3,899 and two 650cc twin motorcycles – the naked 69bhp 650i at £4,199 and fully-faired 650TR tourer on special offer until the end of this month at £4,899.
He said the dealership had already sold half a dozen WK motorcycles and was now looking to step up its promotion and build the brand having had good feedback from customers and showing them at Copdock Motorcycle Show while the motorcycle marque had also just been raced at the Isle of Man TT.
You may also want to watch:
“They are good value for the money and are really nice to ride,” he said.
He explained that Alford Brothers at Felixstowe also wanted to be able to offer bigger-capacity motorcycles.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
“We were having people get 125s and pass their test and wanting a bigger bike,” he said. “WK was the ideal thing and a nicely-priced product.”
Visit Alford Brothers in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, telephone 01394 284719, email email@example.com or log on to www.alfordbrothersandson.co.uk or www.wkbikes.com