Alford Brothers to close for final time at the end of February
- Credit: Su Anderson
The Felixstowe bike company are to close down after over half a century of trading in the town.
The shop which is based on Hamilton Road have sold a range of push bikes and motorbikes for 55 years.
However, pressures from internet competition has meant that the doors of the shop will close for one last time at the end of next month.
Director David Alford joked that it was the modern world that was causing the shop to close adding that: “the modern world had caused a lot of problems.”
“I am gutted,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Alford said that the company would probably rent out the shop whilst he and others move on.
“Thank you to all the local people for their support over the years.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
Users on social media shared their memories of buying their bikes at the shop in the past.
The shop will shut for good on February 20.