All change at the top
PETE Toogood has stood down as chairman of the British Speedway Promoters' Association - and there's a new-look to the sport's management committee.Toogood attended the opening day of the sport's AGM in Bournemouth to oversee 2009 business and to see his successor appointed.
PETE Toogood has stood down as chairman of the British Speedway Promoters' Association - and there's a new-look to the sport's management committee.
Toogood attended the opening day of the sport's AGM in Bournemouth to oversee 2009 business and to see his successor appointed.
Edinburgh's Alex Harkess has been voted in by fellow members to succeed Toogood - and he's joined on the top table by Poole's Matt Ford as vice-chairman with Lakeside's Jon Cook, Jonathan Chapman of King's Lynn and Sheffield's Neil Machin the other committee members.
Outgoing chairman Toogood said: "I would like to take this opportunity to wish Alex and his colleagues all the very best and hope they oversee a very successful time for our wonderful sport.
"It's a sad day for me in many ways, but I feel this move is the right thing to do with my increasing business commitments. I am sure our sport has an exciting future."
Birmingham's Tony Mole has been appointed president of the association after the resignation of Terry Russell.
- 1 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 2 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 5 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 6 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 7 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 8 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 9 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
Reserve management committee members are Colin Pratt of Coventry for the Elite League and Newcastle's George English at Premier League level.