All-new CX-3 virtually at Donalds Mazda
- Credit: Mazda
Donalds Mazda will host an exclusive preview of the all-new Mazda CX-3 small crossover sport utility vehicle on Saturday, May 23.
Customers at both its Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds sites will have the chance to experience the car in exciting new ways – both inside and out – in a virtual world using hi-tech Oculus Rift virtual reality headsets.
The all-new Mazda CX-3 will first be heading to the East Anglian dealership’s Bury St Edmunds site in Easlea Road on Moreton Hall Industrial Estate from 9.30am to 11am, before moving to the West End Road in Ipswich from 2.30pm to 5pm. The special event forms part of a nationwide preview tour for the new car ahead of its launch on June 19, visiting 124 Mazda dealers across the country.
As with the preview for the new Mazda2 supermini, customers can use the special headsets to interact with a high-definition 3D version of the all-new Mazda CX-3, personalising the car’s exterior colours and interior trim in an instant according to their preferences. Alongside this, product specialists will also be on hand to provide an in-depth look into the CX-3’s sophisticated range of comfort, convenience and safety features that make the car stand out in its class.
Benjamin Grant, group marketing manager at Donalds, said: “The interest we’ve received in all-new Mazda CX-3 since it was revealed at Los Angeles Motor Show has been truly overwhelming. That’s just from customers seeing early photographs and videos, so we’re sure our preview event will prove extremely popular, especially as this is Mazda’s breakthrough model into the small crossover SUV segment.
You may also want to watch:
“Using virtual reality Oculus Rift technology will really enhance the experience. Customers will be transported to a virtual environment, where they can explore the details of the vehicle in all sorts of specifications – whether its colours, equipment, or interior trim.”
The new small crossover boasts a variety of efficient, yet powerful petrol engines with six-speed manual or automatic gearboxes. As well as 120 and 150PS 2.0-litre Skyactiv petrol engines, a new 105PS 1.5-litre Skyactiv turbo diesel returns fuel economy of up to 70.6mpg and CO2 emissions from 105g/km – making the Mazda among the cleanest and most efficient in its class.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 7 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 8 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
The 18-strong CX-3 model line-up, available in SE, SE Nav, SE-L, SE-L Nav and Sport Nav, is priced from £17,595 to £24,695 on the road.
For more information about the Donalds Mazda all-new Mazda CX-3 VIP preview event call Donalds Mazda Bury in Easlea Road, Moreton Hall Industrial Estate, on 01284 723336, West End Road, Ipswich, on 01473 287788 or visit www.donaldsmazda.co.uk