All residents safe after fire breaks out in Braintree care home
- Credit: Archant
A blaze broke out in the storage room of a care home last night.
Firefighters were sent to the incident in Coggeshall Road, Braintree, at 9.57pm.
Three crews from Braintree and Coggeshall attended the fire, and wore breathing apparatus as they tackled the blaze.
They reported the storage room was 50% alight.
Care home manager, Fiona Kemp, said no one had to be evacuated but two residents were taken to a bedroom further down the corridor as they were closest to the fire.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It went as well as could be expected, there were seven staff on shift and they followed procedures correctly.”
One hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire by 11.03pm, and a ventilation fan was used to clear the room of smoke.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go