Man in his 60s becomes second person to die after Alpheton crash
- Credit: Archant
Police were called just after 11.30am to reports of a collision involving a Mini Cooper and a BMW on the A134 between Alpheton and Lawshall on Friday morning.
The Mini was travelling northbound from Alpheton in the direction of Bury St Edmunds when the collision occurred and the BMW was travelling from Bury St Edmunds southbound towards Alpheton.
A woman in her 70s died at the scene of the incident. A man in his 60s was taken to Addenbrooke’s hospital with life-threatening injuries but later died.
A third person remains in hospital in a serious condition with life-changing injuries.
The road was closed in both directions for a number of hours following the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw the manner of driving of either of the vehicles beforehand. Officers would also be interested in hearing from anyone with any dash cam footage of the A134 between Sudbury and Bury St Edmunds prior to 11.30am on Friday August 31.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Stowmarket on 101, quoting incident reference number 131 of Friday August 31 2018.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One