Elderly woman dead and two seriously injured after BMW and Mini crash near Alpheton
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 70s has died and two others have sustained life threatening and life changing injuries following a ‘serious collision’ in Suffolk.
At around 11.30am there were reports of a crash between a BMW and a Mini on the A134 between Alpheton and Lawshall.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene along with two air ambulances and the roof was removed from one of the cars.
Officers have confirmed that one person has died while two others are being treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The A134 near Sudbury remains closed and will not reopen until later this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists have advised of very heavy traffic on A1141 through Lavenham in both directions with lorries and other vehicles diverted along the route.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision or anyone with any dashcam footage of this area at the time stated.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Matchday Live: Cook makes four changes as Town take on Pompey
- 8 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 9 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Stowmarket on 101, quoting incident reference number 131 of Friday August 31.