Alresford: Woman dies at scene of crash
A 65-YEAR-OLD woman has died following a road traffic accident this afternoon in north Essex.
Police were alerted to the scene on the B1027 at 4.30pm.
A spokesman from the force said the woman was driving a blue Toyota RAV4 and appeared to have lost control of her vehicle and landed in a group of trees at the side of the road.
Essex Police said the woman, who is from the Clacton area, was the only occupant in the vehicle. She was certified dead at the scene.
A section of the road is currently closed while forensic collision investigators carried out their work in a bid to establish the cause of the crash. It is expected to remain closed for a further few hours.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this fatal road crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising