Amazon lockers appear at Framlingham filling station
- Credit: PA
Online store Amazon’s self-service delivery lockers have arrived at a second Suffolk location.
The 24-hour pick-up points were first unveiled in Haverhill – but more lockers have since appeared at a filling station in Framlingham.
The online shopping giant announced a deal with Jet petrol stations this summer – and Potters filling station, in Station Road, Framlingham, is one of the first to receive an Amazon locker.
There are more than 300 Amazon lockers nationwide – in locations ranging from convenience stores and shopping centres, to train stations and airports.
Amazon lockers will be installed in more than 50 Jet petrol station locations across the UK. The first locations will also include Doncaster, Cleveland, Tyne and Wear, Middlesex and Glasgow.
You may also want to watch:
John Tagawa, Amazon’s vice president of UK operations, said: “We are delighted to partner with Jet and install Amazon Lockers at their petrol stations across the UK.
“Amazon Lockers are the delivery option of choice for many customers who want to pick up their shopping at a time and place that suits them best.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Stuart Cufflin, retail services manager at Jet, said: “Jet petrol stations are ideal locations for an Amazon Locker, providing a convenient way for people to pick up their Amazon parcels while on the move.
“Jet petrol stations are spread across the UK and serve local communities as well as people who travel to and from work by car.”
Amazon customers can select a locker location when they get to the checkout. They are given a unique pick-up code in order to retrieve their items from that locker at a time convenient to them.