Historic The Forge at Bucklesham is sold at auction for £148,000
- Credit: Archant
An historic weather-boarded thatched cottage in Bucklesham, to the east of Ipswich has been sold at auction by Clive Emson Auctioneers.
The Forge, in Main Road, Bucklesham went under the hammer for £148,000 at the auction in Chelmsford
Auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: “The Old Forge is a lovely old building dating, we are advised, back to around 1650.
“There was a good deal of interest from bidders seeking an idyllic home for owner-occupation or looking at the potential for letting.”
Although originally three cottages, two have combined to form a large home.
There are also a number of outhouses and storage areas as well as a gate opening to the rear garden area.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 6 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business