Angler found dead in lake
A SUFFOLK man has been found dead in a well-known fishing lake in Berkshire after a lengthy police search.Divers from Thames Valley Police recovered the body of Mark Shave from Wraysbury Lake, near Windsor, at around midday yesterday.
A SUFFOLK man has been found dead in a well-known fishing lake in Berkshire after a lengthy police search.
Divers from Thames Valley Police recovered the body of Mark Shave from Wraysbury Lake, near Windsor, at around midday yesterday.
The 32-year-old, of Needham Market, near Ipswich, was formally identified by members of his family yesterday afternoon.
Police had been searching the water since finding the body of Mark Bennett, 40, of Horley in Surrey in the same lake on December 31.
You may also want to watch:
The search was launched after a member of the public raised the alarm following the discovery of a sunken rowing boat at around midday on New Year's Eve.
After Mr Bennett's body was found, police sealed off the lake and were treating the area as a crime scene.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
Witnesses reported seeing two men in the boat and the search continued, culminating in yesterday's grim discovery.
Sue Mahoney, spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police, said officers had launched a "major investigation" into the unexplained deaths.
Wraysbury Lake is known as a premier carp-fishing centre, visited by professional and amateur anglers alike and it is believed that Mr Shave was a keen carp fisherman.
Post mortems on both men are due to be carried out today. Last night, villagers in Needham Market said they could not comment on Mr Shave's death.