Angler lost in rough seas
A MAJOR search is underway after an angler was swept into the sea by a large wave.The man had been angling from the beach or jetty earlier this morning when he was carried out to the sea at Benacre sluice in Kessingland.
By Danielle Nuttall
A MAJOR search is underway after an angler was swept into the sea by a large wave.
The man had been angling from the beach or jetty earlier this morning when he was carried out to the sea at Benacre sluice in Kessingland.
Coastguard units launched a shoreline search while a rescue helicopter from RAF Wattisham was alerted to the scene.
A brief sighting of the man was made before he was lost again in rough seas.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Barrow replay on ITV... winners will travel to Barnsley