Angler lost in rough seas
A MAJOR search is underway after an angler was swept into the sea by a large wave.The man had been angling from the beach or jetty earlier this morning when he was carried out to the sea at Benacre sluice in Kessingland.
By Danielle Nuttall
A MAJOR search is underway after an angler was swept into the sea by a large wave.
The man had been angling from the beach or jetty earlier this morning when he was carried out to the sea at Benacre sluice in Kessingland.
Coastguard units launched a shoreline search while a rescue helicopter from RAF Wattisham was alerted to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A brief sighting of the man was made before he was lost again in rough seas.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases