Anglia: Train operator Greater Anglia shortlisted for top industry award
The region’s main passenger rail operator has been shortlisted for one of the industry’s top awards.
Greater Anglia could become Rail Operator of the Year award at the National Transport Awards.
Among the achievements over the last 18 months which have led to the nomination include:
n The best punctuality figures ever seen for this franchise area.
n Impressive service delivery during Olympics and Paralympics.
You may also want to watch:
n Improved ticket purchase and wider information provision.
n A successful alliance with Network Rail which has led to better performance and far fewer weekends affected by engineering work.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
n A major customer service programme and Blackberries provided for all customer-facing employees to help improve customer information.
n Upgrades to trains, stations and integrated transport facilities.
The winning and commended entries will be announced at a special ceremony in October.
Greater Anglia managing director Ruud Haket said: “I’m pleased to see the commitment and achievements of our employees in raising service standards over the last year-and-a-half recognised, with this short-listing for the Rail Operator of the Year award.
“We know we have much more to do and we are committed to consistently improving train services for the customers and communities we serve.
“However this independent endorsement illustrates the progress we have already made in a short space of time, as we focus on the maintaining the positive momentum for our passengers and stakeholders across the region.”