Another knife death in region sparks murder inquiry
- Credit: Archant
A murder probe has been launched following another fatal stabbing in the East of England.
Police were called to Rose Lane car park in Norwich just after midnight today to reports a man aged in his 40s had been stabbed.
The victim was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he later died.
A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being held in police custody.
Prior to the man’s death, Norfolk Constabulary issued an appeal for information over the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Ian Cox said: “We are in the early stages of the investigation, however enquiries carried out to date suggest this was not a random attack.
“There has been an increased police presence in the area and will be for some time as our investigation continues.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
“A seal remains in place whilst officers carry out enquiries to fully understand the circumstances surrounding the incident.”
The death continues a spate a violence and knife crime in the region this month.
A murder investigation is also underway in Essex following the fatal stabbing of a man aged in his 40s in Chelmsford in the early hours of Friday – just two weeks after a teenager was stabbed in the town centre.
On June 19, a man suffered significant injuries during a stabbing in Clacton-on-Sea.
In Ipswich there were three serious stabbings – one of which resulted in a teenager’s death – over the course of just two weeks.
Tavis Spencer-Aitkens, 17, was murdered on June 2 in Pakard Avenue, and then on June 13 a 16-year-old boy was seriously injured a mile away, outside McDonald’s in Ravenswood Avenue.
On June 11, a man in his 20s received multiple stab wounds during an attack at an address in Pauline Street.
Anyone with information about the Norwich stabbing is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.