Five motorists convicted following Essex Police’s anti drink and drug driving campaign
- Credit: Archant
Five more drivers have been convicted following Essex Police’s summer #DriveSafeDriveSober anti-drink and drug driving campaign.
A total of 205 people have been arrested during the campaign which highlights how alcohol and drugs can impair reactions when driving. The consequences of this can be fatal.
Those convicted are: Tracy Mors, 54, of Moat Road, Stisted, who was arrested at 6.30pm, on June 27, in Tydings Hill, Halstead, and was sentenced to two months in prison suspended for 12 months, disqualified for five years, given 100 hours unpaid work, ordered to pay £85 costs and a £115 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Danny Hewitt, 28, of Hickory Avenue, Colchester, arrested at 12.47am, on June 30, in Hythe Quay, disqualified for 15 months, fined £600, £85 cost and £60 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Lee Gowlett, 61, of Pevensey Close, Pitsea, arrested at 1.30am, on July 1, in Timberlog Lane, Basildon, disqualified for 18 months, fined £120, £85 costs, £30 victim surcharge for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Memia, 49, of Netley Road, Ilford, arrested at 8.50pm, on July 1, on the M25, sentenced to 16 weeks suspended for 12 months, disqualified for 36 months, £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Sharon Clre, 51, of Heath Road, Clacton, arrested at 11.10pm, on July 11, in Heath Road, Clacton, disqualified for 20 months, fined £120, £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge for drink driving.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 9 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees