Appeal for missing man
SEARCHES continue today for a 51-year-old man who was last seen on Monday.
James Doyle, known as Jim, was last seen by his family at 3.30pm at his home address in Nedging Tye.
He was leaving for work, however he had reported as being ill and did not turn up.
A car James has access to was found abandoned in the entrance to a field in Nedging Tye at around 4.50pm yesterday afternoon.
His family are anxious to know his whereabouts and said it was completely out of character.
You may also want to watch:
James is described as white, around 6ft 1ins tall, of medium build with short greying hair. He was last seen wearing a pink cotton polo shirt, dark blue trousers and he was possibly wearing a maroon fleece jacket.
Searches have been carried out around Nedging Tye overnight by police officers including dog handlers and the force helicopter, and Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Inquiries and further searched are continuing today.
Anyone who has seen James or who has been in contact with him should call Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.