Appeal for volunteers to join Harwich RNLI lifeboat crew
- Credit: Su Anderson
Harwich lifeboat is looking for more volunteers to help run the rescue service.
The RNLI station is specifically looking for people to get involved in the operational side of the team.
Initially volunteers will begin as shore crew, helping to launch and recover the boats, before being offered the chance to join the boat crew.
Previous nautical experience is not required as full training is given – all the team is looking for are people who are motivated, enthusiastic, team players and have good general fitness.
Applicants must be over 18, ideally be available during weekdays – or at least some days – and live within Harwich or Dovercourt. The target is to launch within 10 minutes of being paged.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are on-call on a 24-hour basis, so you could be called out any time day or night.
To register your interest either visit or phone the Harwich RNLI Boathouse on 01255 502258 or email the lifeboat operations manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 8 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast