Appeal for witnesses to alleged murder crash
POLICE officers investigating an alleged murder are today appealing for witnesses to the road crash to come forward.
A 30-year-old man died following the collision in Woods Loke East, which happened at around 5.45pm on Tuesday.
A blue Renault Scenic collided with the man, close to the roundabout at the junction with Fir Lane and Oulton Road.
He was taken to the James Paget Hospital where he died a short time later.
A post mortem examination, carried out yesterday, showed the man died from injuries he sustained in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A 25-year-old woman, initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, has now been arrested on suspicion of murder following the collision.
She has been interviewed by officers and has been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on November 3 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Detectives investigating the incident would like to speak to anyone who was in the area of Woods Loke East, opposite the Norman Warrior public house, between 5.30pm and 6pm who may have seen the car prior to the collision, the collision itself or the immediate aftermath.
Anyone who can help is asked to call the Norfolk & Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team on 01473 613500.