Missing Stowmarket woman found after going missing while taking part in mud run at Elveden Forest
- Credit: Archant
A woman who went missing while taking part in a mud run at Elveden Forest today was found last night on a fire track.
Gail Sparkes had withdrawn part way through the “Only the Brave” obstacle mud run in the forest, near Brandon.
The 57-year-old, who comes from Stowmarket, was last seen at approximately 12.45pm today near to the bag collection point having received some medical assistance.
Inspector Jo Garrard said: “Gail is receiving medical assistance and is being supported by officers who located her near to the race venue.”
She was taking part in the race and was reunited with her husband, who was also taking part in the event, in the forest at 7.30pm and was taken to hospital by him.
You may also want to watch:
Patrick Peal, the chief executive for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: “We had been looking for her as we were very concerned about her as she had been withdrawn from the event because we were concerned about her condition about two or three miles into the course.
“We took her back to our operation centre and she said that she was fine and said she was trying to find her way back to the car park when she must have got lost.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash