55 new homes proposed for Melton site
- Credit: Archant
An application has been made for 55 new homes in the village of Melton.
The homes are proposed for land off Waterhead Lane and St Andrews Place in the north east of the village.
The plans, which have been submitted to East Suffolk Council, will include eight two-bed homes, 39 three-bed homes and eight four-bed properties.
Of the 55 homes proposed for the site, 18 will be social housing properties. There will be 128 parking spaces created alongside the homes.
The developer's application notes that "discussion has commenced with a Registered Housing Provider" about delivering this part of the project.
You may also want to watch:
The application does not include any details as to the outward design of the proposed buildings.
The land is currently described as "agricultural" and is listed in the application as belonging to East Suffolk Council.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
It is also currently earmarked for residential use under Melton's Neighbourhood plan from 2016.
It will be up to East Suffolk Council to make the final decision on the plans.