Area sealed off in search for teenager
POLICE investigating the disappearance of a 17-year-old from Yarmouth have sealed off an area on the outskirts of a wood. Simon Everitt was last seen near the James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, almost three weeks ago.
POLICE investigating the disappearance of a 17-year-old from Yarmouth have sealed off an area on the outskirts of a wood.
Simon Everitt was last seen near the James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, almost three weeks ago.
Norfolk Police confirmed they had been called to the Mautby area, near Caister, last night and were continuing their investigations there today.
Forensic teams have been scouring the area and a police tent was erected on the site. A 40-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
The engineering student at Yarmouth College went missing on June 7.
His father, Vince Everitt, of Nelson Road South, said earlier this month that he was still in the dark about why police were treating his Simon's disappearance as a murder investigation.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw