Armed police arrest man with flintlock pistol and knife in Sudbury
A man arrested after he was spotted in two Sudbury pubs with weapons has been cautioned.
Police were first called at 4.22pm today to the White Horse pub in North Street after the man place an antique or replica gun on the bar.
Staff called officers after asking the man to leave, but nothing was found in a search of the area and a visit to the suspect’s address
The Suffolk police control room then received a call at 5.35pm to the Black Boy Hotel in Market Hill to with a report of a man matching the same description with a wooden-handled knife or bayonet in his pocket.
Armed officers were deployed discreetly and arrested the man, aged 59, who was found in possession of a large knife and a flintlock pistol.
You may also want to watch:
The man was given a police caution after being assessed for mental health issues while in custody.
No-one was hurt in the incident and the weapons were not brandished, with only the two calls being made to Suffolk Constabulary.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card