Armed police attend Samurai sword incident
A TEENAGER has been arrested after armed police officers were sent to a house in a popular seaside town after someone was seen with a Samurai sword.
The incident happened in Old Road, Clacton, around 11.50am today.
Armed police officers were called to the road following reports that an 18-year-old man entered an otherwise empty house carrying a Samurai sword.
Although police did not consider him to be a threat to the general public armed officers were sent to the scene and carried out a search of the property.
The area was also closed off while officers tried to locate the man.
You may also want to watch:
Police did not find him at the property but he was arrested a short while later.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Police in Clacton are dealing with an incident in Old Road in which a man, believed aged in his late teens, has been seen with a Samurai sword.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
“The incident began about 11.50am. The man is believed to have entered an otherwise empty house in Old Road.
“Armed officers are at the scene and a search of the premises is under way. Police do not consider this man to be a threat to the general public. The area has been isolated while officers try to locate the man.”
A short while later he added: “Officers have concluded a search of a house in Old Road, Clacton, where they were looking for a man thought to be armed with a Samurai sword. They did not find the man and enquiries are continuing to try and locate him.”
Shortly after 4pm he said: “A man being sought by police in connection with an incident in Old Road, Clacton, has been detained.”