Armed police swoop on ‘man with 12-inch knife’ in Suffolk town
- Credit: Su Anderson
Police have arrested a man in Bury St Edmunds after discovering a 12-inch knife.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Armed Policing Team tweeted to say they had detained a man in the Suffolk town overnight in connection with the find.
He was later taken to the Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre.
The arrested man remains in custody this morning, a police spokesman said, where he is being questioned.
The armed response vehicle, duty sergeant and neighbourhood response team were all called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Alternatively, fill out their online form via the charity’s website.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson