Armed police intervene as man makes threats with ‘bladed article’ after suspected road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
Armed police were deployed after a man made threats with a “bladed article” following a suspected road rage incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said officers attended Garden Close, Bungay, at around 2.30pm on Saturday over an incident of suspected road rage, which ended up inside a nearby property.
“The incident started off as a motoring offence and ended up inside a property on Garden Close,” a spokesman for the force said.
“There was a fairly large police response and the reason for the firearms deployment was threats were made by a male with a bladed article.
“We attended, and managed and defused the situation, and a male in his 20s was detained.”
You may also want to watch:
A police helicopter also hovered above the scene and, during the course of the incident, two officers sustained minor injuries.
The incident had come to an end by 4.30pm.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Inspector Richard Gubbins said: “The premises was contained and the occupants came out when requested. A male remains in custody.
“We would like to thank the public for their patience while we resolved this incident and enquiries continue.”