Armed police search for group fight in Leiston
- Credit: Archant
Armed police and the force helicopter were involved in a search around Leiston this morning following an alleged fight.
Suffolk Constabulary were called shortly after 9am by a member of the public who said he had seen three or four men fighting.
The caller said the men had weapons and at least one person had been injured.
The location of the fight was unclear, but was believed to be around the Charles Miller Court area.
Police officers including armed response officers, the dog unit and the police helicopter carried out searches to locate the men.
Police are trying to establish if and where this alleged incident occurred.
Anyone with information should Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD 68 of November 4.
The matter was later revealed to be a hoax, more here
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch