Arrests made after armed police called to man making threats with sword
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested following a disturbance involving a large knife which caused armed police and dogs to search the surrounding areas.
Essex Police were called shortly before 6.25pm on Monday, July 29 after a group of people were causing a disturbance outside an address off Colchester Road in Manningtree.
A person was reportedly seen to be carrying a suspected samurai sword, so officers carried out a full search of the area.
Following the incident, a 28-year-old man from Manningtree was arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill.
A 52-year-old man from Ongar was arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill and possession of an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were questioned in custody and have since been released on bail until Thursday, August 22.
The incident comes just weeks after a man was stabbed in broad daylight in Clacton with what was described as a samurai sword.
The 40-year-old victim was attacked in Agate Road on Saturday, June 29 and received injuries to his left forearm and shoulder.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats