Armed robbery at Co-op store
POLICE have launched an investigation after armed robbers targeted a store in Lowestoft last night, it has emerged.
POLICE have launched an investigation after armed robbers targeted a store in the Lowestoft area last night, it has emerged.
At around 5.35pm two male offenders entered the Co-op shop on London Road in Pakefield. One of the males was holding a knife and threatened a male member of staff, demanding he hand over cash.
The member of staff was assaulted and then handed over an amount of money.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital for a check up but was later released. He and two other members of staff in the shop at the time were left shaken but were not hurt in the incident.
The first male, who was holding the knife, is described as white, with dark hair and was wearing a dark coloured jacket, which may have been a sweatshirt type jacket, a light and dark coloured horizontal stripped top and white trainers.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
The second male is described as white, and was wearing dark coloured jeans, with turn-ups at the bottom, and dark trainers or shoes.
Both were wearing a white cloth mask around their faces.
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have seen the males enter the shop, or have seen any suspicious activity before the incident to get in touch immediately.
They would also like to hear from customers who were in the shop at the time, as they may hold vital information, which could help the investigation. Anyone with information should contact DC 144 Chan at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.