Armed robbery at post office
POLICE are investigating an armed robbery at Capel St Mary post office.
POLICE are tonight investigating an armed robbery at Capel St Mary post office.
At around 5pm today a gun-wielding man wearing a Halloween-style mask walked into the post office in The Street and threatened staff. They handed over an amount of cash and he made off.
No one was injured during the incident.
A Suffolk Police spokeswoman said: “The offender was of a heavy build and was wearing a Halloween-style mask.
You may also want to watch:
“We would want to appeal for any witnesses to the incident to call us.”
Police tape cordoned off the post office and the police helicopter was hovering over the area. The force's dog unit was also deployed to the scene.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
Suguna Indran, owner of nearby Capel News, said the robbery had left her feeling afraid. “It is a surprise. People do not know what has happened and everyone is shocked.”
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.