Armed robbery in Clacton
POLICE are hunting a pair of armed robbers who threatened a security guard with shotgun in Clacton this morning.
POLICE are hunting a pair of armed robbers who threatened a security guard with a shotgun in Clacton this morning.
The guard was delivering a large amount of cash to the HSBC bank when he was approached by two men outside the job centre in Station Road at around 10.30am.
The guard was forced to hand over a “substantial” amount of money from the cash box.
You may also want to watch:
It is possible the robbers may have arrived at the scene in a blue van.
No-one was injured and no shots were fired in the incident.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
Anyone with information is asked to contact CID at Clacton on 0300 333 4444.