Armed robbery in Clacton
POLICE are hunting a pair of armed robbers who threatened a security guard with shotgun in Clacton this morning.
POLICE are hunting a pair of armed robbers who threatened a security guard with a shotgun in Clacton this morning.
The guard was delivering a large amount of cash to the HSBC bank when he was approached by two men outside the job centre in Station Road at around 10.30am.
The guard was forced to hand over a “substantial” amount of money from the cash box.
It is possible the robbers may have arrived at the scene in a blue van.
No-one was injured and no shots were fired in the incident.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 5 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 8 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 9 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 10 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
Anyone with information is asked to contact CID at Clacton on 0300 333 4444.