Arnie earns his stripes
HE was found wondering the streets but now Arnie the dog is earning his stripes as a valuable member of Suffolk Constabulary.
The adorable Springer Spaniel is the latest recruit in the Dog Section having been donated to the force with the aim of becoming a police dog.
The English Springer Spaniel Welfare (ESSW) found the two-year-old pooch wondering through the streets of Harlow in Essex.
His condition was assessed and he was house with a foster family in Norfolk before he was donated to Suffolk police.
PC Neil Robertson, who has worked as a police officer for ten years - five of which as a dog handler, said: “We had been looking for new recruits for the dog section for a while, so it was timely to receive the call from English Springer Spaniel Welfare.
You may also want to watch:
“If it wasn’t for organisations like the ESSW, we would struggle to find suitable dogs, who are such a crucial part of the team.
“Arnie is a cracking little dog, with bags of enthusiasm. This is hopefully the start of a good working relationship with the ESSW, who have kindly agreed to consider us in the future if they have a Springer with the potential to become a working dog and have a better life.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The loveable pooch Suffolk Constabulary three months ado and has already been on drug raids across the county.
He has undergone extensive training in the art of sniffing out drugs and will later this year undertake a firearms recovery course.
PC Robertson added: “Arnie is a lovely, highly driven dog who is a joy to handle and is already proving to be an asset to the team.”