Woman arrested after fatal car crash which killed a man in his 80s
- Credit: James Bass
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and possession of cannabis after a fatal car crash in a seaside town.
Essex Police were called to the scene in St John’s Road in Clacton-on-Sea shortly before midday today, Saturday April 11, following a collision between a BMW and Citroen.
The driver of the Citroen, a local man in his 80s, died at the scene.
A 31-year-old woman, the driver of the BMW, was later arrested and remains in custody for questioning.
She was initially taken to hospital as a precaution after the collision, along with the two children who were in the car with her.
The road was closed for several hours while police dealt with the incident and it has now reopened.
A spokesperson for the police said: “We continue to appeal for information about this incident, and would ask anyone with CCTV, dashcam footage or who may have witnessed the collision to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101.”
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 10 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
The incident number to quote is 348 of April 11.