Man due in court after crash on the A12 near Margaretting
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear in court following a collision on the A12 at the weekend.
The incident took place early Saturday morning between junctions 15 and 16 near Margaretting.
Gheorghe Oancea, 30, of 34 Cramphorn Walk, Chelmsford has been charged with driving a motorvehicle whilst over the prescribed limit.
He has been bailed to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on November 16.
Essex police were called just after 6am to reports that a Skoda Fabia heading northbound had driven into the nearside barrier, just after the Three Mile Hill turn off.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a 30-year-old man from Chelmsford, was assessed at the scene by paramedics before being arrested on suspicion of driving whilst over the prescribed limit.
Following the collision two cars stopped on the southbound carriageway to offer assistance and as one of the drivers got out of his car, he was struck by a passing vehicle.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
He received a serious, but not life threatening injury and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The road was closed by officers managing the scene and reopened around 8.30am.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage relevant to the collision is asked to contact Essex Police on 101.