Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in stabbing investigation
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the stabbing of a man in his 20s in a pub car park in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers were called shortly after 11.35pm on Friday, October 25, following reports that a man had been stabbed during an altercation with a group of four or five males in the car park outside The Moreton Hall pub in Lawson Place.
The victim - who is aged in his 20s - was taken by ambulance to hospital after sustaining life-threatening injuries.
This evening, Wednesday November 6, detectives arrested a 24-year-old man in Haverhill on suspicion of attempted murder.
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned.
You may also want to watch:
The arrest came just hours after a 29-year-old man from Braintree was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the incident.
He has also been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
The two men have become the fifth and sixth people to be arrested in connection to the offence by Suffolk police.
In the early hours on Saturday, October 26, hours after the attack, A 29-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested and was later released under investigation.
Also on October 26, a 24-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder. He was questioned and subsequently released on bail until Monday, November 18 pending further enquiries.
Two days later, a 29-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, he was subsequently released on bail until Monday, November 25 pending further enquiries.
A 32-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was also arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and was subsequently released on bail until Monday, November 25 pending further enquiries.
Detectives still believe it was a targeted attack and are continuing their investigations.
They ask anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has knowledge of the incident to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/64977/19.