Gun reportedly seen during group fight
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A firearm was allegedly seen during an altercation between three men in a street.
Suffolk police were called at approximately 7.45pm yesterday (Tuesday, August 27) following reports of an argument in Gloucester Road involving three men.
It was reported that one man was threatened and the suspects then fled the area on foot, following which a firearm was allegedly seen.
Officers carried out a search of the area and were assisted by the National Police Air Service helicopter (NPAS).
At about 9.20pm the two suspects were found at a nearby residence and were arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
The two men, a 27-year-old and a 26-year-old, both from Haverhill, were taken to Bury Police Investigation Centre, where they remain for questioning.
Police are asking for anyone with information relating to the incident to contact West CID at Suffolk Police, quoting the reference 37/51479/19 by visiting www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update or emailing email@example.com
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org