Arson investigation launched into fire at Queen’s Hotel pub in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Police and fire investigators are treating a blaze that started in the Queen’s Hotel pub in Colchester as suspicious.
Two fire crews were sent to Berechurch Road at 2.03am today to reports around 10% of the building was alight.
When they arrived firefighters said a blaze on the ground floor, measuring around 10 square metres, had led to the building being completely filled with smoke.
Detectives from Essex Police said: “We would like to talk to anyone who may have information about an arson that took place in Berechurch Road, Colchester.
“We received a call shortly after 2am today with reports of a fire in the Queen’s Hotel pub.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers and fire crews attended and are treating the fire as suspicious.”
An investigation into what happened is underway and a police cordon is in place at the scene.
- 1 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 2 Inquest into death of Suffolk music producer to be held in Australia
- 3 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 See inside this 'iconic' Kersey period home for sale for £875,000
- 6 Last chance for schools to register for our First Class souvenir pullout
- 7 'You can be stuck there forever' - 20 minute delays at railway barrier
- 8 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 9 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
Witnesses and anyone with information should call DC Mark Peacock at Colchester CID on 101.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.