Arson suspected after fire destroys barn and vehicle near Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an arson investigation after a wooden barn was destroyed by fire near Stowmarket in the third blaze at the site in 24 hours.
Firefighters were called to the barn, in Shepherd’s Lane between Stowmarket and Haughley, twice on Wednesday to put out small fires.
However on Thursday the barn was destroyed. It is believed a vehicle was stored inside.
Crews from Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Elmswell were called to the fire and had brought it under control within an hour before calling in the police.
Crews from Hadleigh and Ixworth were also called, but were sent back to their stations before arriving at the scene of the fire.
Police have launched an investigation into the blaze which they are treating as suspicious. Anyone with any information about the fire is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101 and quote crime number CAD 252 of August 17.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win