Art fair will help support multi-million pound transformation of Gainsborough’s House in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
An art fair, featuring more than 100 original paintings and prints, will take place to help raise vital funds for a multi-million pound museum project in Sudbury.
Gainsborough’s House still needs to find £1.25million to fund a ambitious £8.7m transformation of the museum, which includes a new national centre for Thomas Gainsborough.
The fair includes paintings and prints which have been donated by artists across the UK to aid the fundraising effort, and a post-war contemporary art auction will also take place to support the project.
Mark Bills, director of Gainsborough’s House, said: “We hope our art fair, along with our art auction also taking place in Art Week, will give all those with a love of art a unique opportunity to bid for or buy a wonderful, original work – whatever their budget – and in doing so be part of this exciting and ambitious project.”
The Autumn Art Fair takes place at the Old Labour Exchange in Weavers Lane, Sudbury, from October 14-20. Open daily from 10am–5pm and open until 8pm on Thursday, October 19. (Sunday 11am – 5pm). Free entry.
You may also want to watch:
The art auction will take place at Sudbury Town Hall on Friday, October 20, from 6.30pm. Tickets are priced at £25 and are available from 01787 372958 or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions