Arthritis sufferer tackles charity run
AN arthritis sufferer is taking to the road at the weekend as she tackles the great North Run.Mother-of-two Elizabeth Lloyd, who lives in Elmwood Drive, West Mersea, is competing to raise funds for the Arthritis Research Campaign.
AN arthritis sufferer is taking to the road at the weekend as she tackles the great North Run.
Mother-of-two Elizabeth Lloyd, who lives in Elmwood Drive, West Mersea, is competing to raise funds for the Arthritis Research Campaign.
Sport-lover Mrs Lloyd, 33, began suffering from the disease more than 10 years ago and had to give up playing basketball because of the effect on her wrists.
Yesterday she said she had been training since June and was looking forward to the half-marathon, which begins in Newcastle and finishes at South Shields beach on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“I have had arthritis in my knees and ankles, but it is my wrists that are most affected.
“However, I don't feel so much pain now - I think I've got used to it.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
Anybody wanting to sponsor Elizabeth can do so via the website www.justgiving.com/runlizzy.