Asbestos contact from husband’s overalls caused death to wife 25 years after his retirement
- Credit: Archant
A retired chef living in West Row, near Bury St Edmunds, died as a result of lung disease from exposure to asbestos, an inquest has concluded.
Jill Moore, 71, of Hoddesdon in Hertforshire had been living with her daughter-in-law Sue Preston in West Row during the final months of her life, due to her deteriorating health, and died on November 11 2016.
The inquest, held at Beacon House in Ipswich, heard that prolonged exposure to asbestos on her husband Brian Moore’s overalls during his work as a mechanic between 1965 and 1990, had caused mesothelioma diagnosed in November 2015.
Mr Moore had worked on car parts such as brakes and transmissions containing asbestos, with dust and residue remaining on his overalls which Mrs Moore would have inhaled while washing.
Her family described her as “full of life” and “a fighter”.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant coroner Kevin McCarthy recorded a conclusion of industrial disease as a result of severe lung disease.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina