Ask Bloor Homes about four-month Woods Lane closure in Melton this evening
- Credit: Archant
Housing developers will host a four-hour ‘drop-in’ meeting to discuss the closure of a road in Melton today.
Woods Lane closes from November 6-30 to widen the road, create a filter lane, pavement for cyclists and pedestrians, and a new bus stop for Longwood Fields.
Work to lay a new section of sewer will close the road for more than three months – from January 8 to April 13.
Bloor Homes said it had investigated all other options but decided a full closure was required to carry out the works safely and efficiently.
Heavy goods vehicles will be diverted north of Melton and back via Ufford along the B1438, with all other traffic diverted south on the A12 and back via Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives of the county and district council, and Bloor Homes, will answer questions from 4pm-8pm on October 31 at East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton.
Contact 01284 847931 or firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash