Aspall: Airing cupboard fire put out by Debenham firefighters

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters from Debenham were called out to an incident in Aspall last night.

The crew was called just before 1am after a woman called saying her fire alarm had gone off.

On arrival the crew found a small fire in an airing cupboard which had broken through from the chimney breast behind.

They used chimney gear, small gear and a thermal imaging camera to investigate and then removed floorboards and brickwork to gain access to a wooden beam involved in the fire.

The fire was extinguished just before 3pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus