Assington/Boxford: Four vehicles targeted in catayltic converter thefts
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are investigating after four vehicle had catalyic converters stolen in west Suffolk.
The first happened in Cox Hill, Boxford, between 9.15pm on Monday and 8.45am on Tuesday and involved a Mitsubishi Warrior while the second happened in Brook Hall Road, Boxford, sometime between 1.30pm on Sunday and 4pm on Tuesday, involving a Mitsubishi Shogun.
A Ford Ranger pick-up parked on a driveway in Barracks Road, Assington, had its catalytic converter removed between midnight and 6am on Tuesday.
A Toyota Hi Ace was then targeted in Further Street, Assington, between 11.50pm on Monday and 6.30am on Tuesday.
Officers are reminding motorists with vehicles with high ground clearance to keep them in a garage if possible, use alarms, lighting and CCTV to deter thieves and park vehicles in a way to make access to the catalytic converter difficult.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information Were you in the area? Did you notice any suspicious activity? If so contact PC Dean Bailey at Sudbury Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000