Assington: Police call for community to be alert for suspicious activity after weekend burglary
- Credit: citizenside.com
Residents living in a village on the Suffolk/Essex border are asked to “be the eyes and ears” of the police as officers look to arrest a group of burglars.
A house was broken into on Dyers Lane in Assington between 11am and 3pm yesterday, with burglars stealing cash and jewellery.
Investigating Officer Pc Steven Duncan said: “We are appealing for anyone who has seen anything suspicious in the area to call us.
“We think that this burglary and others recently in the area could possibly be the work of a group of three or four individuals.
“Many people don’t think twice about a group of people hanging around a property during the daytime, but we are calling for anything that looks suspicious, odd or out of the ordinary to call us immediately on 999.
You may also want to watch:
“Your call could alert us to a burglary in progress and lead to burglars being caught red handed.”
Anyone with information in connection with the Assington burglary should contact the Bury Priority Crime Team on 101.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash