Suspected drink-driver's car leaves road and crashes into ditch
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car left the road and crashed into a waterlogged ditch.
The collision happened just after 12.30pm on a country road near Stoke-by-Nayland.
Police officers and paramedics were called to the scene.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were called at approximately 12.34pm to a reports of a single vehicle collision on the A134 near Assington.
"A car left the road near the B1068 and went into a ditch containing water."
The ambulance service was called to the scene as a precaution.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
A 62-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre to be interviewed.