Attack on OAP and his dog 'horrific'
AN ATTACK on an elderly man walking his dog has been condemned as "horrific" by police.The 67-year-old Clacton man was in the Wellesley Road car park area of his home town at about 6.
AN ATTACK on an elderly man walking his dog has been condemned as "horrific" by police.
The 67-year-old Clacton man was in the Wellesley Road car park area of his home town at about 6.20pm on Christmas Eve when a group of four or five youths, all males and aged about 15, demanded money and his mobile phone.
When they realised he had neither they punched him. There are also unconfirmed reports they kicked his dog.
The man went home but collapsed later and was taken to Colchester General Hospital at about 8.45pm by ambulance. He was kept in overnight but discharged on Christmas Day with a broken cheek bone, an injured jaw and badly bruised face. He had also lost a few teeth.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Paul Butcher, of Clacton Police, said: "It was a horrific incident and absolutely disgusting that anybody could behave that way, particularly at Christmas.
"We are determined to get the people responsible and would ask any witnesses to come forward."
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Anyone with any information or who was in the area at the time should call Clacton CID on 01255 221312.