Man ‘wielding knife’ attempts late night break-in
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Officers are searching for a man who reportedly tried to barge into a Suffolk home while carrying a weapon.
The incident took place at a property in Bunbury Avenue, Mildenhall at around 11pm on Tuesday, January 29.
It is reported that a man carrying a knife knocked at the front door and waited for the occupants to answer before attempting to barge into the house. Meanwhile, two other men waited outside.
The victims, a man and a woman, managed to close the door before the suspect pushed past them.
Police are treating the incident as an attempted aggravated burglary – but nothing was stolen and nobody was harmed.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white man aged between 20 and 25, around 6ft tall, with short scruffy hair, a goatee beard, and tattoos on his arm. He also spoke with a local accent.
Witnesses or anybody with any information are asked to call Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting reference 5817/19.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey