Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after Suffolk stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a woman was stabbed yesterday.
Police were called to the residential street of Quinton Road at about 6.10am to reports that a woman in her 30s had been stabbed.
She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds and has since been transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
She remains in a stable condition following an operation.
Yesterday evening a man in his 50s was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning where he currently remains.
Detectives believe this was a targeted attack with the victim and offender known to each other.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has knowledge of the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/63505/19.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
In the event of an emergency you should always call 999.