Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after Suffolk stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a woman was stabbed yesterday.
Police were called to the residential street of Quinton Road at about 6.10am to reports that a woman in her 30s had been stabbed.
She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds and has since been transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
She remains in a stable condition following an operation.
Yesterday evening a man in his 50s was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning where he currently remains.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe this was a targeted attack with the victim and offender known to each other.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has knowledge of the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/63505/19.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
In the event of an emergency you should always call 999.