A12 reopens following crash involving Audi and campervan
- Credit: LUCY COLLETT
Three fire crews were sent to a collision between an Audi and a campervan which blocked the A12 this morning – after two people were trapped inside a vehicle.
Police and the ambulance service were called to the scene of the crash on the southbound carriageway of the A12 between Darsham and Halesworth earlier today.
A spokesman for Suffolk police, said: “We were called shortly after midday with reports of a collision on the A12 between Halesworth and Darsham.”
The crash is understood to have involved an Audi TT Quattro and a Fiat Swift campervan.
The police spokesman added: “The road reopened at 1.45pm and minor injuries were reported.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire service were also on scene, working to free two people from one of the vehicles.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, said: “Two people were medically trapped inside a car and crews worked to stabilise them.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
“They were safely freed and left in the care of the ambulance service.”
The southbound carriageway of the A12 has reopened and traffic is running smoothly.